Sarah's Cartoon

Monday, November 19, 2007

YahOOOOO!!!!!!!

I loved flickr, and all the online tools, youtube, and a host of sites that will be useful for doing my own job. I got a lot of useful tools and information, some of which I have added to my blog and more which I intend to add at the first available moment. I am now aware of a lot more technology than I was a few months ago and can even communicate better with some teenagers when they use their jargon. The life long learning goal will be to continue making myself aware of these new technologies.

This has been a painstaking few weeks. Headaches, trying to learn how to navigate through hundreds of new sites and information. Remembering new passwords alone was a chore. I have enjoyed the experience but have found it to be difficult and very taxing while trying to maintain my own job at the same time. Teaching others helped the learning process. It would have been nice to be recognised with a prize, but I guess that wasn't to be. I have already used some of the information that I have learned and am sure that I will use lots more. Lots of fun and hard work at the same time.

I would recomend that the organisers suggest a more realistic time allocation for this project as it took a lot longer to do each task than originally suggested. Even those poeple doing the bare minimum couldn't finish in the alloted time.

My goal was to arrange information that I have found useful so that I can easily find it, I have started to do this but have a long way to go to include everything that I found useful. I must admit that I am surprised at the quantity of useful information and sites that I have accessed during this program.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Congratulations for finishing, i am still plugging away. I agree with the usefulness of feedback with other participants, i have found it difficult working by myself although i have received help from viewing other web 2.0 blogs like yours. (Love the tulips)And i think that everyone should get a prize for finishing! Never underestimate the value of postitve reinforcement!!